Call for expressions of interest for DIAL small projects, support & case studies
Now closed for 2011 – 2013 project, please contact c.follows for DIAL 2014 project expressions of interest.
UAL’s Digital Integration into Arts Learning (DIAL) project aims to carry out a small number of staff and student led projects and case studies, which will explore the pace of technological change and its impact on the day-to-day practices. As education merges in the rapidly expanding field of social and cultural technological change, maintaining progressive practice in these new digitally enhanced learning spaces can presents new expectations, anxieties and challenges for all.
DIALs key aims and objectives are to improve graduate employability and develop confidence and capability in the adoption and integration of digitally enhanced learning for staff and students. Individuals and project groups are invited to propose projects they would like to explore within DIALs overall objectives see here: http://dial.myblog.arts.ac.uk/2012/02/10/objectives/
The project method is to identify mutually supportive communities of staff and students within the larger university community (based on courses, disciplines or other naturally occurring communities) who identify goals for improving their collective digital literacies over a six month period, initially with significant support from the project team. Over the project life-time, processes, resources and toolkits are being developed so the communities can be increasingly autonomous in their development programmes. Within the community, individual and collective aims and anxieties will be identified, along with current skills and experience. Community members will collaborate to increase the overall digital literacy of the whole community.
All project info will be posted to the DIAL blog, (please indicate if this any issues you may have about this and which sections you would like us to keep private).
Your expression of interest (Max 1000 words) should include:
- A brief overview of what you’d like to do.
- Which stakeholders are involved or you’d like to engage? (Specific staff, student cohorts etc.)
- What resources you’d develop (Resources can be a handbook, a community of practice, open education resources videos, image text handouts, a case study or a online unit)
- What you aim to achieve at the end of the project/intervention (How will this benefit others in the future)?
- Time frame and basic work plan (how this will fit into current work pattern)
- Where you will be reporting, updates and adding resources produced during the development, DIAL would like to encourage use of the in-house tools including myblog.arts, workflow and process.arts.
- What resources and support you will need, general guidance and support in developing digital practice, technical, community building, institutional support, support networks, funding (piloting digital equipment integration methods and practices, extra paid time support to develop a project, extra support from students paid through arts temps to support you project). Please note DIAL has limited funds and will only be able to offer small funding support to a limited number of projects.
- The DIAL project would like to make all its project reports and resources produced open licensed, online with creative commons licensing, please indicate if this is acceptable.
Download this as attachment here Call for interest DIAL projects
Please note : DIAL has a limited capacity to purchase equipment for projects and we aim to demonstrate sustainable solutions to problems therefore DIAL’s role is not to replace or buy equipment for colleges but to support research and build a case for college investment and support new initiatives and processes. DIAL can consider providing a project with a loan piece of equipment/device for a period of 3 to 6 months – at the end of which, the device would be returned to DIAL (together with a report of how it was used and outcomes).