We’re making a video as one of the resources for the video presentation skills project.
This is the provisional structure:
- Open with a clip of LCF. Intro of people involved in project: Chitra, me, Pei-Chin, Chris
- Clip of group activity, students in first workshop recording each other – voiceover introducing the project
- 1 or 2 clips of students doing their one minute video pitches with no preparation
- Clip of the students reflecting on the experience in the lecture theatre after the first workshop – voiceover describing more about the feelings that the students expressed
- Clip of Pei-Chin explaining about her ‘How to do an elevator pitch’ presentation, and clips of the good SEED Fund video applications that Pei-Chin showed to the students
- Voiceover – explain the benefits of the exercises and how it helped them prepare, practice and use peer feedback to improve their confidence and skills. Which clips to use here?
- Clips of the students presenting one-minute video pitches before and after the training, compare them back to back
- Clips of students giving feedback: they said how confidence improved overall, content improved, felt more comfortable with camera, and felt that practice helped (slides with quotes from the students?)
- Summarise how we we’ve created a series of resources to help other staff use these exercises with their students?