Six students in Six colleges. The DIAL project is piloting different feedback methods:
What DIAL would like to achieve from this field worker pilot: Dial would like to gain ‘sound bite’ feedback from interviews with UAL staff and student in all six colleges.
Please spend at least 4 hours interviewing at least 6 individuals’ staff or students anytime before 31st January 2012:
- Please note what time and place you carried out the interview (café, canteen, studio, media suite, social spaces)
- Please use the questions below as guidance, you do not need to ask all the questions, the interviewee could choose the question/s they would like to answer, you can create new question specific to your college if necessary.
- Where and how do students/staff want to access information?
- What equipment and skills do staff/students need to deliver the blended, social and mobile learning?
- What online digital resources would you like to use?
- Would you like to engage with tutors online and see online resources?
- Could students create online learning resources, if so how?
- What support do students and staff need to help create resources?
- Should UAL evaluate digital skill levels of staff and students?
- Which digital skill sets are important to you?
- Do you feel connected: to other UAL colleges and individuals?
- Do you feel connected: to industry and professionals in your specialism?
- How can UAL improve online participation and networks?
3. All data collected should be anonymous (no names of interviewees please), please respect confidentiality.
4. Allow at least 2 hours to submit your data: Please submit findings via a blog post on http://dial.myblog.arts.ac.uk, this can be in the form of any of the following:
- Please email Chris Follows firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions and to say you have submitted/completed your survey, you can send me a summery of what you did and a list of locations where you collected data).
- Please add your responses into this online survey template – http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/563MBTS
A blog post listing questions and answers http://dial.myblog.arts.ac.uk
Optional – Additional approaches, methods and follow up (stay connected) :
If you would like to video record responses please do if you can PLEASE NOTE: the interviewee must agree and consent to give full permission to have their video published online.
Upload your videos via youtube or Process.arts – http://process.arts.ac.uk/category/discipline/research-practice/dial
If you’d like to use social media you can find up here:
Twitter – http://twitter.com/#!/dialproject
Twitter tags #dialproject and #jiscdiglit