Online PPD skills & specialisms with a practice based accreditation tool

I’ve been part of the CCW (Chelsea) SICOM process and at one of the meetings, which brought together a wide cross section of staff we discussed issues and ideas I think DIAL could really support. I would really like to follow up
on some of the items and findings of these meetings and try and identify individuals and groups who are interested in driving these ideas forward with DIAL support.

I would really like to follow up the induction debate and the online PPD student skills & specialisms profiles ideas. I started to look at something like this early in the project and I think year two of DIAL would be a good time to pick this up again? Practice based accreditation tool also see: http://dial.myblog.arts.ac.uk/2012/05/02/web-literacy-skills/

DIAL will see if there are any existing projects at UAL which cover student and staff profiles.

One of the other key themes that seemed to come out of the CCW SICOM meetings were we ‘UAL’ really need to improve communication across the whole of UAL course and college level. UAL have never been very good at using digital tools for communication and collaboration and being in the age of ‘digital communication’ we really should be using or experimenting with this more (this could be a DIAL supported project for CCW…. try and bring academics, support staff, technical staff and administrators together through better use of digital tools for open collaboration and communication?).

This entry was posted in Development and Learning training, Digital PAT, Profile & identity, Support tools. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Online PPD skills & specialisms with a practice based accreditation tool

1. Pingback: UALs DIAL project engagement and project capacity | DIAL